Staying hydrated is critical for overall health and well-being. Drinking water not just quenches thirst, but it regulates body temperature, helps in vitamin absorption, as well as improves digestive and bowel health. Detox water or infused water boosts the health value of water and can be a good choice for people who are bored of drinking plain water. Detox drinks have enormous health benefits such as getting rid of toxins from the body, increasing energy levels, improving digestive health and also aiding in weight loss.
Here we discuss detox water and its benefits for a healthy lifestyle.
What is Detox Water?
Detox water is water infused with the flavours of fresh fruits, vegetables, herbs and spices. The ingredients are soaked in water for a few hours to let their properties get infused in the water. It is advised to drink detox early in the morning on an empty stomach to reap the most health benefits. It can also be consumed throughout the day in small sips.
How to make Detox Water?
Detox water is very simple to make at home. The detox water can be made by adding ingredients such as fruits, vegetables, herbs and spices to water to boost its health benefits. Just infuse the water with the combination of ingredients of your choice for example cucumbers, lemon and mint leaves. It is good to crush the fruits and rub the herbs before adding them so they release the natural extracts quickly into the water. The more the number of ingredients, the stronger the flavour will become. It is best to leave it overnight in the refrigerator before drinking to allow the flavours to suffuse more deeply. Make sure to remove the ingredients in the morning before they begin to decompose.
Here are some popular detox water recipe combinations:
- cucumber and mint
- lemon, ginger and turmeric
- watermelon and mint
- grapefruit and rosemary
- orange and lemon
- apple and cinnamon
Major Health Benefits of Detox Water
Staying hydrated helps the body’s organs function at their optimal level, so drinking water can help aid the body’s detoxifying efforts.
However, infusing water with fruits and vegetables adds a pleasant flavour to the regular glass of water and at the same time, it becomes beneficial for health.
Let us go through some major health benefits of drinking detox water:
- Boosts metabolism: Detox water gives a major boost to metabolism as it plays an important role in losing weight. Adding citrus fruits to just as few drops of lemon has multiple benefits and has no downsides to adding them to water. The water itself will be doing most of the metabolism-boosting; the infused ingredients are simply there to support it.
- Low calorie: Detox drinks are very low on calories as the water is made by infusing flavour and not blending it with other ingredients. Choose low-calorie veggies like cucumber or herbs like mint to prepare your detox water.
- Cleanses the liver: Detox helps the liver to cleanse and get rid of toxins and increases the production of bile making the digestive system more efficient.
- Revitalizes the kidney: Detox water is a natural diuretic which gets rid of toxins making the kidney cleanse itself. One becomes less prone to urinary tract infections and other diseases by consuming detox water.
- Improves digestion: Detox water made with lemon helps the digestive system with healthy nutrients and enzymes that promote digestion. This makes it a lot easier for the stomach to function smoothly. It has a very positive effect on people suffering from constipation, inflammatory bowel and acidity.
- Boosts immunity: Detox water improves immunity as the body responds better in event that bacteria or viruses may attack. Fruits like oranges, lemons and other citrus fruits are packed with the immunity-boosting power of Vitamin C.
- Gives glowing skin: Using citrus fruits in your detox water will add antioxidants found in vitamin C which will benefit the skin. They fight free radical damage, keeping your skin looking fresh and helping slow down the ageing process.
- Acts as an energy booster: Being hydrated from infused water makes you feel remarkably energetic and in a better mood throughout the day.
- Helps to lose weight: As detox water is calorie-free and suppresses appetite, it plays an active role in achieving weight loss naturally. It temporarily increases the metabolism resulting in burning more calories.
- Improves mood and energy levels: Drinking enough water could improve your mood and give you more energy.
Drinking detox water other than plain water can be a good choice sometimes. The detox water will not only hydrate your body but will also push the toxins out of your system to make your body feel fresh, vibrant and healthy.
Infused water is a great alternative for drinks high in sugar such as soft drinks and other juices. Detox will not only add flavour to the water but also keep you motivated to reach the recommended two litres of water per day.
Moreover, people who are aiming to lose weight should not only rely on drinking detox water instead, they should eat a healthy and well-balanced diet and follow an exercise regime for their physical and mental health well-being. To book an online or physical consultation with the best doctors in Karachi visit https://www.shifaam.com. You can also download the Shifaam Health App from Google Play Store
(bit.ly/2JqZo3C) or the iOS App Store (apple.co/2QUVxQz). We are just a call 021-37132273 or Whatsapp 0347 7222273 away!
Some call it a wonderful initiative, some refer to it as the next big thing in healthcare industry, but we call it a revolution. Why you may ask? Because Shifaam was founded with the idea to provide healthcare access to millions without any hassle. Shifaam is a virtual clinic, where you can get all the healthcare services that can be provided online.Sign Up Now
Join Blog – e – Shifa
For health updates, remedies and all the totkas to give you a health active lifestyle with shifa from all illnesses. Subscribe and prevent from getting sick ever again.
Help People & Earn More
Be part of the change. Join the Digital Revolution and provide Top Quality Healthcare services with Shifaam.Join Shifaam Team